Visas or work visa

A visa or work visa is a document generally issued by the consular representations of a country abroad, previously approved in order to allow the entry and stay of foreigners in the national territory of that country.

This issued visa is, in a way, the legal code that will make possible the stay of a foreigner in a country for a determined period and conditions that will allow him/her to work, in the case of a work visa.

At UR Global we are experts in expatriate taxation and we provide you with the best solutions to manage the visas of expatriate workers in terms of international mobility.

When will it be necessary to apply for a visa or work visa?

In most of the occasions the reasons for the issuance of a work visa or visa are work, academic or tourist issues. There are also other less common reasons.

Whenever traveling abroad, we recommend verifying the need for a visa depending on the destination, the reason and the length of stay, since failure to comply with the required formalities may result in denial of entry into the destination country.

For example, a person with a Schengen visa will be able to travel in all the countries that have signed this agreement unlimitedly as long as his or her documents are in order. For citizens with Schengen visa only, for example, if they would like to work in Latin American countries, the visa will become the fundamental document to be able to stay legally.

How can we help you?

If you would like to make an inquiry about our business management services, please fill out the inquiry form.

Why UR Global to issue your visa?

iconos 2

Legal team

At UR Global we know firsthand the need to streamline the procedures for obtaining visas, especially when it comes to obtaining them for work purposes (projects abroad). We have legal teams specialized in the issuance of visas and taxation of expatriates in Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Ecuador and Portugal.

iconos 2


Each of the countries mentioned above, has different documents, times, bureaucracy and visas, so the support of a consultancy specialized in international mobility can reduce risks and times, key points in a matter that in most cases is demanded by short-term needs.

Frequently asked questions about expatriate taxation

Although they may seem to be the same thing, it is necessary to differentiate between the two aspects, as this can sometimes lead to misunderstandings.

The validity of the work visa refers to the date on which the visa will expire and expire.

The duration, on the other hand, stipulates the maximum period we can stay in the destination country.

There are countries where the validity of the visa may be, for example, 5 years, and yet the maximum stay allowed at each entry will be, for example, 30 days.

One of the important issues with visas is the number of entries allowed into the target country.

In general, we can differentiate between single-entry, two-entry and multiple-entry visas:

  • Single entry visa: This work visa will allow entry into the country only once. In case of exit, it will be necessary to reissue another visa to re-enter in a regularized manner.
  • Two-entry visa: similar to the single-entry work visa, with the difference that in this case we will be able to enter twice, as long as it is done within the period of validity of the visa.

Multiple-entry visa: allows unlimited entry into a country, and as in the case of the two-entry visa, they must be made within the period of validity.


For any information you can contact us through the following form

You may also be interested in

Partner agreements

The advantage of this service is to anticipate and foresee possible conflicts between company partners and offer previously agreed solutions to resolve them.

Learn More

Family protocols

We manage more than 400 Spanish companies in Spain and Latin America, so we have extensive experience in the management of family businesses.

Learn More

Management of Spanish subsidiaries in Mexico

At UR Global, we manage subsidiaries in Latin America, Portugal and Spain.

Learn More