Compliance for companies: Occupational health and safety in Peru
At UR Global we offer occupational health and safety compliance services in Peru.
What is an occupational health and safety compliance service?
The new Peruvian regulations on occupational health and safety establish a series of obligations for companies that employ workers. This must be complied with to ensure safe working conditions for employees. For this reason, we offer compliance services for companies.
Occupational safety and health management documents have become particularly important as companies must ensure take steps to avoid contagion of COVID-19 among its collaborators.
In Peru, there is a law that regulates HSE regulations.
Obligations in Peru SST
Some of the most important obligations that organizations must address in relation to occupational safety and health are as follows:
- Implement an occupational health and safety management system based on your organizational level, the risks posed by your activities and the number of employees at your disposal.
- Ensure awareness and appreciation of occupational health and safety by all members of the organization.
- Define an area of the organization in charge of identify and control the hazards of your work activity, and ensure that all workers are aware of it.
- Establish, implement and realize occupational health and safety management documents, with realistic and measurable objectives.
- Leave the selection of the HSE supervisor to the workers themselves, in case of having less than 20 employees.
- Draft an “Internal Occupational Health and Safety Regulation”, in case of having 20 or more workers. This regulation must contain at least the OSH objectives and policy, the obligations of those in charge, the safety and health standards in services and operations, and the emergency protocol.
- Make available to the area in charge of occupational health and safety, the resources needed to comply with preventive measures.
Therefore, Peruvian companies should adopt an OSH (Occupational Safety and Health) Management System approach, with the objective of generating safe and healthy work environments.
Why hire professionals for an occupational health and safety compliance service in Peru?
UR Global offers occupational safety and health (OSH) compliance services in Peru. To achieve this we count on the participation of multidisciplinary professionals who will identify and evaluate the occupational risk factors in each activity carried out by the company in order to design a strategy for the prevention of occupational accidents and work-related diseases. This strategy will take the form of various documents and records required by law or by certification standards.
Surveillance, prevention and control of Covid-19
It is important to have a plan for surveillance, prevention and control of Covid-19.
Companies must, through the occupational health and safety service, have a “Plan for the surveillance, prevention and control of COVID-19 in the workplace.”The report must be approved by the Occupational Health and Safety Committee or by the Occupational Health and Safety Supervisor, as appropriate, for approval within 48 hours.
Likewise, it is not enough to have this plan, but it must also have been prepared and include the content established in Ministerial Resolution 239-2020-MINSA and the specifications established by the sector to which each company corresponds.
With the issuance of the Ministerial Resolution 377-2020-MINSAThe Board of Directors has stipulated that the review and “subsequent audit” of the content of this Plan and its formal compliance with the regulations governing it, will be carried out by the National Center for Occupational Health and Environmental Health Protection (Censopas).
If this subsequent audit reveals fraud or falsehood in the declaration, information or documentation submitted by the company, the automatic approval of the Plan is declared null and void and impose a fine of between S/ 21,500.00 and S/ 43,000.00..
Frequently asked questions about OSH compliance services in Peru
All public and private companies, as well as employees, are included in the scope of this law and are therefore obliged to comply with the requirements regarding occupational health and safety in Peru.
The authority that regulates and supervises compliance with STT regulations in Peru, SUNAFIL, audits companies that do not comply with the stipulations of the same and its regulatory developments. The fines that may be levied will be determined by the seriousness of the non-compliance and the number of workers affected, as well as the size of the company and range from 1 UIT to 52 UITs. (Value of the 1 UIT in 2021 is 4,300 Soles, about 950 Euros).
You may also be interested in